How many outfitters do you know that buy decoys by the semi-trailor load? Floaters, shells, Canadas, Snows – you name it. Bait-Masters is equipped with enough decoys, bail-blinds, floating barge blinds and anything else required to ensure full bag limits and the hunt of your life! Equipment is great, but hard working guides are required to do the spotting, planning, setting out decoys, and calling, lots of calling. As important is knowing when to yell “Take ‘em!”, calling the shooting as the big bombers set their wings and drop into the middle of your spread.
Bait-Masters is located in a super waterfowl hunting area – offering a choice of ducks or geese, field or water shooting hunting in nearby fields or out in remote marshes. Brian Hoffart ensures that his hunters are comfortable – even out in our Wild Rice Lakes.
Brian offers one suggestion to all of his waterfowl hunters – “Bring lots of ammo!”
- Waterfowl hunts can be booked in conjunction with black bear hunts as combination hunts (frequently the upland hunting is great also).
- Most goose hunts take place in agricultural fields whereas ducks may be hunted in fields or out in marshes.
- Steel shot regulations are in place.
- Hunters are invited to show off their duck/goose calling skills, to supplement Brian’s red-hot overtures.
- 3 1/2 inch magnum shotguns with heavy loads of non-toxic shot are becoming popular to handle the big honkers.
- Warm waterproof camo outfits are suggested to handle the changeable weather encountered in waterfowl season.
- Most hunters donate their bag to elderly local residents. Hunters who choose to take birds home will be assisted in ensuring that they are legally packaged and frozen for the trip home.